Online Workshop consisting of
ten mp3 sessions each approximately 90-minutes.
An in-depth consideration of what A Course in Miracles has to say
A detailed outline follows:
1. The Centrality of God
- Why God gets ignored by Course students
- Why God is central in the Course
- Why God is central in our psyche
- Two levels of our image of God, conscious level and deeper level
- Attributes of God
- God IS.
- God, and All God creates, is eternal.
- God is formless.
- God creates by extending Himself.
- God is changeless.
- God is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent.
- God is intensely personal.
- God is loving.
3. Father and Son
- The ideal earthly father-son relationship seen as a metaphor of our relationship with God
- The masculine language as a correction (rather than a continuance) of traditional language
- Other earthly symbols: mother, lover, brother, friend
4. God Is the One Source, Creator of All That Is
- Recognizing God as Creator
- Therefore He is above us. Awe is appropriate.
- God As Source Determines the Nature of All Things
- There Is No Will But God's
5. The Fear of God
- Traditional images of God from the Course
- How the fear of God sabotages the spiritual journey
- How the fear of God's punishment relates to the fear of His Love
- The fear of what God does to us is really the fear of what the ego does to us; the God we fear is the ego.
6. Ego's Attack on God
- All Illusion is Denial of God
- In Its Illusions the Ego is Giving Us Reasons to Fear God
7.Salvation Is In God
- God as Our Goal
- God as the Means to the Goal
- What does God know?
- Revelation: Direct Experience of God
- Can God Be Reached Directly?
8. God Is With Us
- 2 ways of seeing "God is with us"—it makes separation real or it proves separation is unreal.
- The benefits of being present with someone and thus of being present with God.
- Course passages about God walking with you.
- How to practice the idea that God walks with you.
- Do We Pray to God, to Jesus, or to the Holy Spirit?
- Why and How Do We Pray?
- The Levels of Prayer (Song of Prayer)
- Prayer as Giving thanks (gratitude)
- Declaring the truth (asking for what we already have)
- Enjoying Relationship With God
- Keeping God in our thoughts through the day
10. How Do We Relate To Him Now?
- Theme: "There is in every fiber of our being a need to love and be loved that only God can fulfill."
- Three different ways in which to relate to God (based on Helen's subway experience):
Visualization based on Helen's subway experience.
- The Creator and the created
- The Father/child relationship
- Just the One
Please note: These sessions were recorded
locally in 1999 and are not production quality.
In this workshop, it is somewhat difficult to hear participant comments.
here for a representative sample of the quality.
Currently there are no reviews for this product. Share your opinion with others, be the first to write a review.