I have no cause for anger or for fear, for You surround me. And in every need that I perceive, Your grace suffices me.
See complete instructions in separate document. A short summary:
- Read the commentary paragraph slowly and personally.
- Pray the prayer, perhaps several times.
- Morning and evening: Repeat the idea and then spend time in Open Mind Meditation.
- Hourly remembrance: Repeat the idea and then spend time in Open Mind Meditation.
- Frequent reminders: Repeat the idea and then spend a quiet moment in meditation.
- Response to temptation: Repeat the idea whenever upset, to restore peace.
- Read the "What Is" section slowly and thoughtfully once during the day.
"You surround me." Close your eyes and be quiet, and think of the Love or Presence of God as a golden light. Imagine that light shining on the front of you. Feel its warmth, its golden glow, like the radiance of the sun on a bright, summer day.
Now, become aware of that same light behind you. The Love of God is shining on you, front and back. Let yourself feel the safety of it.
The Presence of God is also on your right, and on your left. It is all around you, above you and below you. You are surrounded by this golden light, immersed in it. You are surrounded by perfect safety (1:5), perfect benevolence. Allow yourself to feel what that is like.
In this Love there is no cause for anger or for fear. There is no cause for anything except the perfect peace and joy you share with God.
God's grace suffices us in everything that He would have us do. And only that we choose to be our will as well as His. (2:1-2)
Whenever you can today, stop for a moment or two and visualize yourself surrounded by the Love of God.