God is my Father, and He loves His Son.
See complete instructions in separate document. A short summary:
- Read the commentary paragraph slowly and personally.
- Pray the prayer, perhaps several times.
- Morning and evening: Repeat the idea and then spend time in Open Mind Meditation.
- Hourly remembrance: Repeat the idea and then spend time in Open Mind Meditation.
- Frequent reminders: Repeat the idea and then spend a quiet moment in meditation.
- Response to temptation: Repeat the idea whenever upset, to restore peace.
- Read the "What Is" section slowly and thoughtfully once during the day.
These lessons are helping us remember who we are: God's Son. Who we are is an Identity that is far beyond anything we can imagine, "so lofty…that Heaven looks to It to give it light" (1:1). In Lesson 221 we were silently waiting for God to "speak to us of what we are" (W-pII.221.2:6). In Lesson 222, we learned that what we are exists in an environment of God. In Lesson 223, we recognized that we are not separate, but exist entirely in union with God. And now, we remember our true Identity: His Son. Our Identity "is illusion's end. It is the truth" (1:6-7).
The truth of what we are is the end of all illusions. Or, the flip side, a mistake about what we are is the source of all illusions. We have forgotten it, but in these times of quiet with God, we ask Him to remind us, to reveal that Identity to us. We are "lofty, sinless, glorious and great, wholly beneficent and free from guilt" (1:1). Reading these words, notice how our conscious minds instantly question it, instantly recoil from the audacity of saying such things. It only shows how thoroughly we have deceived ourselves, how well we have learned our own lies. Yet something within, on hearing these words, begins to sing. Something within recognizes the melody of Heaven and starts humming along with it. Listen to that humming. Tune in to it. It is your Self, responding to God's Call. Say it! "God is my Father, and He loves His Son."